BPPA-VT was founded as a non-profit trade association in the Spring of 2012 by a group of activist Building Performance Contractors interested in working together to insure that contractors’ needs and goals are considered fully and given appropriate weight in the process of Building Performance Industry development.
The certified segment of the Building Performance Industry in Vermont consists of about 70 independent contractors and state Weatherization groups. Most members of this group are builders who do building performance work along side their building and renovation work. There are about 20 contractors who do building performance work exclusively.
BPPA has become an critical representative of the interests of contractors in the industry. We participate actively in most planning and development work and have input and influence at the State level through our direct work with various State agencies and presence at the Statehouse.
- To be a collaborative voice for building performance professionals in the State of Vermont.
- To lobby the State legislature on behalf of membership.
- To engage with and influence Vermont State agencies’ process of developing and enacting Vermont’s Energy Plan.
- To work collaboratively with our publicly-funded partners including Efficiency Vermont & NeighborWorks as well as other energy efficiency and sustainable energy stakeholders
- To provide an opportunity for collaboration among energy professionals.
- To promote awareness of the benefits of building performance.
- To create consumer resources for information and education.
- To participate in workforce development
- To uphold and develop best practice standards, promote looking at buildings holistically.
- To proactively advocate for policies that will support a self-sustaining market for building performance.
- To work effectively with aligned local, regional and national organizations.
- To support resource conservation and renewable energy.